- Obtaining Personal Information
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- For provision of the Services;
- For improvement of convenience of the Services;
- For collecting statistical data relating to the use of the Services, and doing marketing;
- For conducting questionnaires, etc., on current services or services under consideration to be provided newly;
- For our consideration of or providing new plans, etc., for the Services;
- For response to inquiries and identification;
- For provision of information from us (including provision of information concerning new services or products that are provided by us, or provided by other company and recommended by us) and sending email newsletter, etc.;
- For any other communications as needed upon using the Services such as notices related to the Services;
- For the exercise of rights and the performance of obligations under the agreements or laws, etc.
We shall use Personal Information obtained in the Services only within the scope of the following purposes of use. In the event of using Personal Information beyond the scope of the purpose of use, we shall obtain the prior consent of the person. We may change the purpose of use of Personal Information to the extent reasonably deemed to be connected with the purpose of use before the change, and if the purpose of use is changed, then we shall promptly give a notice or issue an official announcement of such change.
- Personal Information to be Obtained
In order to achieve the purpose of use set forth in the immediately preceding Paragraph, we shall obtain Personal Information, such as follows, by appropriate means.
Information to be Obtained: Name, email address, telephone number and other Identity information
Except as otherwise prescribed by applicable laws and regulations, we shall not obtain or use sensitive information relating to you, such as your race, creed, social identity, health information, or criminal record.
In addition, we shall obtain personal information such as attribute information (e.g., age, gender, occupation, residential area), cookies, IP addresses, advertising identifiers (AAID/IDFA), and log information related to Internet usage such as behavioral history (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Informative Information"). When you provide personal information to us in the course of using our services, we shall link such information with your Informative Information, in which case such Informative Information shall also be treated as personal information.
- Obtaining Personal Information of Minors
We provide the Services to include minors, however, when Personal Information of minor is to be obtained, we shall obtain the consent from one’s parent(s), parental authority or legal guardian in addition to the consent from the individual concerned.
In the unlikely event that we find that Personal Information of a minor has been obtained without the consent from one’s parent(s), parental authority or legal guardian, then we shall contact the individual concerned as well as we shall obtain their consent to obtain the Personal Information again or shall conduct deletion of the information, etc.
- Storage Period of Personal Information
We shall specify the storage period of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use and delete Personal Information without delay after the storage period has expired or the purpose of use has been achieved.
- Protection of Personal Information
We use secure sockets layer (SSL) technology to encrypt information in the transmission upon providing our services. With SSL, the data you enter is encrypted on your PC or other devices before it travels through the network to the computer where you register.
Note: SSL is a technology that prevents third parties from stealing or altering data by encrypting and authenticating the transmission between your browser and the WWW server.
- Disclosure, Provision and Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
- We shall provide your personal information to our subsidiaries established in the Republic of Korea, the United States of America, and the Republic of Tunisia (hereinafter referred to as "the Subsidiaries") in order to collaborate with the Subsidiaries for the purpose of customer management and customer service related to the Service.
- We shall provide your personal information to the Subsidiaries for the purposes of use defined in Article 2.
We shall not disclose, provide or share Personal Information with any third party without obtaining your consent unless it is permitted to disclose, provide or share those under Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) or other laws and regulations. However, we shall provide personal information to a third party (including a third party in a foreign country) in the following cases.
- Disclosure Revision, etc., of Personal Information
When we are requested by the person to disclose Personal Information or to revise the incorrect information, we shall promptly respond thereto after confirmation of identity. Please contact us at the contact point detailed at the end of this page. Upon disclosing Personal Information, JPY 1,000 (excluding taxes) is charged per case.
In addition, when we are requested by the person to cease using or to delete Personal Information, we promptly conduct necessary inspections, and if we are handling such Personal Information beyond the scope of the purpose of use or if find that we have obtained such Personal Information by an inappropriate manner, then we shall, upon request by the person, cease using or delete such Personal Information.
However, we may refuse the request that we deem unreasonable, such as request that is unreasonably repeated, that requires excessive technical efforts, and that may harm the privacy of others.
- Data Transfer to Other Regions
We may transfer or store the obtained Personal Information outside the country or region where it was initially obtained for reasons such as the development and continuity of our services. Even in such case, we shall continue to respond in a manner that complies with the requirements set forth in the relevant national and regional laws and regulations, such as Personal Information Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Handling of Cookies and IP Address, etc.
- To identify users by using cookies upon registering to use or providing our services;
- To make the Services into a better service;
- To be used as materials for reviewing of new services; and
- To analyze and provide advertisers and information providers, etc., with information on the type of advertisements, information and services that are most effective for them.
When users use the Services, we save and refer to cookies, and obtain and record domain names, IP addresses, advertisements and pages viewed, usage environment information and other access logs (history) for the following purposes.
Any personally identifiable information is never included in the result of the analysis.
When you use our services, we shall use pop-ups or other means to obtain your explicit consent to the handling of cookies above-mentioned. If you do not agree to the handling of cookies, you may still continue to browse our website.
However, when you use our service registration form or our service, you shall be required to agree to the handling of cookies due to the specification of the services, so please agree to the handling of cookies on the consent screen or pop-ups, etc.
- Entrustment of Personal Information Handling
In the course of our business operations, we may outsource the handling of Personal Information to external parties, including individual contractors. In such cases, we shall supervise the contractors, including the conclusion of agreements on the handling of Personal Information and ensure that they manage Personal Information appropriately.
- Use of Statistical Data
We may, based on provided Personal Information, produce statistical data that processed to make those not personally identifiable. We shall be entitled to use the statistical data processed so as not personally identifiable, at our sole discretion.
- Safety Management System
We shall conduct education and training, etc., to all employees, including our executives, in order to protect Personal Information from leakage, loss, damage or otherwise. In addition, in a way of system as well, we shall take measures necessary and appropriate to ensure the safety management of Personal Information, such as restricting access to files include Personal Information, implementing security measures to prevent recording access logs and unauthorized access from outside.
- Contact Point
With respect to questions, complaints or any other inquiries concerning our handling of Personal Information, please contact us through the contact point below.[Contact information for Personal Information]
Department in charge of oVice, Inc.: Development Department
Enacted and enforced on October 1, 2020. Revised on November 15, 2021.